SAS Solutions: Telecom Analytics
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 65,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.[Courtesy:SAS]
Telecom has been a strong area of expertise for SAS in their enterprise solutions, hence they have been coming up with expert solutions as well. Few are mentioned here for us to understand their approach for a product offering strategy and exhaustive solutions.
- Growth of revenue:
- Increase average revenue per user ARPU most effectively and profitably by giving the ability to gain a holistic view of the customer, integrating data across the enterprise and from third-party sources and removing duplicate customer records.
- Create more targeted and granular customer models for cross-sell and up-sell based on customer insights, degree of social influence, predicted behavior and profitability.
- Implement campaigns that maximize ARPU by strategically managing multichannel, multioffer campaigns and optimizing the mix of offers, customers and channels given various constraints.
- Prevent Profitable Customers’ Churn: The key to improving customer retention is gathering and analyzing all customer data in order to understand customer behavior and develop more effective marketing strategies.
- SAS integrates the customer view to understand the total customer experience, remove duplicate records and trouble tickets.
- Prioritize, predict and pre-empt customer issues by analyzing network performance, CDR and trouble tickets to uncover issue trends, root causes and their impacts.
- Target social influencers; create more comprehensive yet granular churn models.
- Measure profitability of customers, products, and services.
- Implement retention campaigns that have the optimal mix of offer, customer and channel given various constraints.
- Improve Campaign Return on Investment: Gain a holistic view of the customer’s services portfolio; eliminate duplicate records. Develop more granular and effective customer segments/models; predict customer behavior. Create and automate more targeted and revenue-generating inbound, outbound, multi-channel and multi-offer customer interactions. Optimize campaigns to one or more weighted objectives; factor constraints such as contact policies, channel preferences and budgets. Iteratively measure and improve customer models and campaign performance while ensuring alignment with organizational objectives.
- Optimize Network, Service and IT Resources
- Understand the customer experience in order to improve it by cleansing and integrating data from multiple systems across business units and service lines.
- Predict and pre-empt customer issues, speed resolution and improve efficiencies by analyzing QoS, network and IT performance and service costs.
- Improve demand forecasting accuracy and relevancy while applying optimization techniques for better resource planning and allocations.
- Communications Solutions: SAS provides a ready-to-plug-in products like:
- SAS® Customer Link Analytics.SAS Customer Link Analytics improves customer retention, cross-sell and up-sell by enabling marketers to identify social communities based on relationships between customers, measure and segment customers based on social influence, and target customers based on changes within their social communities. Users can quickly visualize social networks between customers who were previously unknown and uncover leaders, followers and other members within social communities.
- SAS® Communications Analytics Architecture:SAS Communications Analytics Architecture provides a robust business analytics framework tailored to the unique business intelligence and analytical needs of communications service providers (CSPs). The solution takes data from multiple, disparate operational systems and formats, cleanses, transforms and stores it in a foundation data mart. The analytics architecture aligns with the Information Framework (SID) as defined by the leading communications industry standards group, the TM Forum.
- SAS® Customer Analytics for Communications:SAS® Customer Analytics for Communications illuminates complex behavior patterns that are hidden in large volumes of data spread across multiple systems.It alerts user to customers who are likely to purchase a new product or upgrade service, customers who are likely to leave and customers who should be targeted in a campaign.
- SAS® Offer Optimization for Communications:SAS helps user to quickly respond when a customer says, “I’m not happy. My bill is too high, and I know I can get a better deal elsewhere. What can you do about it?” It enables user to be prepared with an optimal offer in advance of this customer interaction.
This study done by Team Analyticpedia has in detail referred to various articles published by SAS and other publishers,hence would like to thank them for sharing their work and helped us came up with this helpful article for readers.